1. Default San Antonio to Buffalo, NY

Hi, I'm planning a roadtrip with my girlfriend to go from San Antonio to Buffalo. I need to get there within 3-4 days. I've already did a mapquest of the trip and know where I need to go, however I was hoping you guys could help me out in planning stops, maybe scenic roads. I'll be going through Arkansas, Tennesee, Kentucky, and Ohio. Again, I'm looking to make this trip enjoyable, and add a bit of Romance to it. Any must stops, or tips from anybody who made a similar trip would be appreiciated.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default 1700 miles+

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick84 View Post
    I need to get there within 3-4 days.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! As you already know, the most direct route is about 1700 miles so if you were going to do this in three days, you would need to be on the road for 8-10 hours per day without taking many side trips or scenic byways. How much time do you actually have for the trip? If you plan on adding some extra scenic roads and some time for romance -- you will have to allow a full four+ days on the road.

3. Default

Well I have up to the four days, but we need to get there the morning of on the fourth day. I was just looking for more things on the route, or good stopping points for the day. For example the stop for the first day will be Little Rock, but I was thinking for the second day I might want to stop at someplace outdoors and maybe rent a cabin, like a state park. And maybe there are some non-highway routes that will we can veer off of and not lose too much time. Anyways any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Tucson, AZ

Default No and Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick84
    we need to get there the morning of on the fourth day.
    So you do have just three days to cover 1700 miles. As Mark pointed out a solid day of driving with appropriate stops for food, fuel, and other necessities will net you just about 550-600 miles. Trying to do much more than that will leave you physically and emotionally drained, and greatly detract from your ability to carry out whatever your Buffalo activity might be. I really don't see where you'll have time to go wandering off the main Interstates on the way, but there are any number of refreshing, even romantic, stops just off those main routes that you can and should take advantage of.

5. Default

Wow, actually that link to that posting was perhaps the best thing I found on the internet. It's really helpful to see what's just off those major highways. Again, I realise that I can't be too ambitious on what we see, but something about being able to snuggle up together in a cabin just vs a hotel we find along the way just seems more romantic. Also I wish I could find a list of fairs and festivals that I could go to. Anyways thanks for the help!

6. Default Hot Springs, Arkansas

On our road trip from San Antonio to Buffalo, we decided to have our first stop be at Hot Springs, Arkansas, as opposed to Little Rock. We won't be able see very much of anything that first night, so we thought Hot Springs would be an more apt choice for a couple with a time constraint. We wanted to pick a nice, but affordable hotel choice while we're there, and hopefully someone here has experience in that area. We're looking for a hotel that has it's own restaurant/bar, pool area(hot tube would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker), and it has to be under a hundred dollars. That and I don't want it to be a dive. Anyways any help given would be greatly appriecated.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 10-13-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Moved to existing thread on same trip