1. Default Honeymoon Road Trip?

We're going on a road trip for our honeymoon and were wondering where would be a good place to go with some cool stops along the way? We are in Detroit and the wedding is in November so we plan on going south. Any suggestions. thanks

South of England.

Default Some info needed.

Congratulations on your forth coming wedding!

Hello and welcome to the R.T.A. forums.

With thousands of possibilities you are going to have to give us a little help with this one.

What are your interests, the things you would consider "cool". We are of course all different, some like the hustle and bustle of city's some the quiet natural wonders are 2 examples. The other important part of info at the moment is how long will you have for the trip, and will you be returning to Detroit. I doubt you will want to spend to much time driving on your honeymoon ;-)

Let us know and I am sure the good folks at R.T.A will be able to help you plan a great trip.

3. Default honeymoon reply

ok. here's what we like.
    -bike riding
    -anything artsy and/or folk even like big art show or craft shows?
    -sports(skate, snowboard, wakeboard culture)
    -anything that is out of the ordinary like a chip factory!!
    -we like city culture
    -modern hotels but still affortable would be great too.
    -we like chicago? but don't know if it would be nice that time of year?
    and what is there?

We only have a week and half. so we totally understand that it might be hard to get somewhere hot.

Tucson, AZ

Default Making a Virtue of Necessity

With only a week and to get ready for your trip, you don't have a lot of time to devote to getting ready for it. I'll assume from your suggested locations that you want your destination to be within a day's drive. One place you can go that is close and meets most of your other criteria is St. Louis. Great urban culture with the zoo (free), Forest Park (site of the 1904 World's Fair), Arch and museums; Great day trips to quaint river towns like Hannibal and Ste. Genvieve; And with Priceline and such, you can get a pretty good hotel room for not too much. Due to family gatherings, my wife and I have spent a week or two each of the last two summers in St. Louis and have yet to explore all it has to offer.