beatwannabe Guest

Default roadtrip from maryland?

my sister and i want to make a roadtrip out of southern maryland, any suggestions? it wouldn't be too long, probably no more than a week. also, she's under 21 so if you could keep that in mind in your suggestions...:) thanks!!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default know more

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

There's a big world out there, and just like no two trips are the same, no two people are the same. You'll really have to give us more information about you and what sorts of things you are looking for and hope to do/see/achieve on your trip for us to give any meaningful advice. Anything else would be, at best, a shot in the dark.

beatwannabe Guest

well, we are both into ecletics- arts, music, books, under the radar shops, etc. we both love shopping, my sister is really into vintage clothing and i love old bookstores, but we both also love your average mall! as we're both college students, money is a factor, it would have to be a relatively inexpensive trip. the trip will (hopefully) be happening sometime in december or january. most importantly, i just want this to be a nice, memorable trip for my sister and i. our respective colleges are about 16 hours apart, so we dont get to see each other very much... hope this helps! and thanks!

4. Default Here's an idea

Head south on 301 across to Charlottesville, VA (UVA is here - walking downtown district, good bookstores) - about 120 miles from SM, then east to Virginia Beach (great even in winter) and Newport News (fun downtown here), then across the bay bridge tunnel up to Assateague Island (all the nature you can imagine), then pop up into Rehoboth or Ocean City, back across to Annapolis and then home. It's a great loop - about 600 miles. Good luck with your decisions.

beatwannabe Guest

this sounds like exactly what we are looking for, and now i have somewhere to start planning - thanks a lot:)

6. Default enjoy

oh good - i'm glad that's a good starting place. enjoy the planning - there's a lot to see on that trip - btw - you can take a side up to waynesboro, va from c'ville and do a couple of hikes in the blue ridge on the Blue Ridge Parkway or in Shenandoah National Park. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country!

Have Fun!!

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Excellent, excellent suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyquest View Post
    t's a great loop - about 600 miles. Good luck with your decisions.
    It's so great when new members so quickly add good routing info to this ongoing roadtripping source. Thanks for joining.