1. Default LA to NY - looking to caravan

Does anyone know of a website that sets up caravans cross country? I'll have a car full of stuff, but I'd like to be on the road with another car, just for safety reasons. I'm looking to leave LA anywhere between Oct 3 and 10 and heading East. Open to routes. Just need to get to NJ, then Maine.

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Solo travel is quite safe

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forums.

I'm sorry but I'm unaware of a website that sets up caravans and I didn't find any with a quick google either. Although it's possible that a more thorough search will yield one.

However, I would like to reassure you that traveling solo is quite safe. Many Americans do it every day. Most of us who contribute here have done solo travels. You might want to read this thorough thread discussing a first-time, solo road trip being pondered by BirdyBird. Many of us popped in to give her reassurance, tips, etc. After she did her solo roadtrip, she reported on her experiences. She had a good trip and things went well. I have done numerous solo trip across several states and have even camped for the night most of the time by myself. I encourage you to give it a try. It gives you a wonderful sense of freedom to be able to hit the road by yourself and it's also a lot of fun.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Try out forums

You could also try our Share the Gas page, since it is geared towards joining travelers together. Just explain the situation and maybe someone will be interested in joining up with you, albeit in a separate vehicle.

4. Default thank you

for the advice!