Default San Diego - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon

Hello fellow travelers,

I was planning a road trip with my family (4 of us) from San Diego to las vegas and then Grand Canyon during the Thansgiving weekend. We have 4 days (Nov 27, 28, 29, 30) and could leave Nov 26th evening and return Nov 30th evening.
    Looking at the maps/directions, i assumed the sequence of the trip would be as listed in the title (SD -> LV >GC) but I was looking forward to suggestions from you seasoned travelers as to the best approach. Tentative plan is to spend 1day+evening in LV or maybe 2days+evening (27,28?) and then go to Grand Canyon from there. Any other places to see on this route since we seem to have some additional time?
    Look forward to any suggestions/recommendations.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

It's about 7 hours from San Diego to Las Vegas, and 5 hours from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Then the route from Grand Canyon to San Diego is over 8 hours. Add to that the holiday traffic and you're going to want to pace yourself. I don't really see any additional time in there.

I would do San Diego to Las Vegas, spend a day in Vegas and stay the two nights. Then head out maybe a little earlier and go to Grand Canyon. Once you've had your fill (if that's possible), start towards home on the route of your choosing. I think a comfortable last day's drive would put you somewhere around 4-5 hours away from home.