1. Default atlantic east coast roadtrip: orlando to nyc

Hi! On Sept. 24th, My boyfriend and I will be embarking on an 8 day roadtrip from orlando back to our home in nyc. This will be my first roadtrip since I was a kid so I need advice! We are going from orlando to savannah (2 nights in sav.), Savannah to Charleston (1 night in chars.), Charleston to Ocean isle n.c. (2 nights in o.i.), leave Ocean isle early in the morning for a day trip up outer banks and then driving into the night to sleep somewhere in Virginia, Virginia to Baltimore ( one night in balt.), then back to nyc.
    While I don't want to go way out of my way on scenic routes (save outer banks), we also don't want to be stuck on interstate the whole way. What would be the best route for a somewhat efficient ride but also something to look at? Anything I need to be aware of before traveling this route (construction ect..)? Any tips in general would be so helpful to us! Thankyou!!

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

Anything I need to be aware of before traveling this route (construction ect..)?
    One thing that I have found helpful is to check the respective state's websites for listings of what roads are under construction. This isn't foolproof, but I think it would give you the best available information.

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Check this out!

AZBuck's roadtrip report covers areas you're not traveling through, in part anyway, but it has a lot of neat ideas for things to do along the coast. It's an interesting read and should give you some ideas.

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

Default Calabash Shrimp

Try to stop at Calabash, on the NC/SC border and get some of that great Calabash-style shrimp. Mighty good eating.