Default East Coast to West Coast late November

Hi all,

My wife and I are looking to go east to west from late November until just before Christmas. Hiring a car and doing the big road trip.

So my question is what are the road conditions like in the northern states at this time of year. Thinking of starting out in Boston heading north then see which way the road takes us. We have a month so time is something we have plenty of.

We have been to the US before but want to see more than the big cities this time around.

Thanks in advance.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default A little of everything

Welcome to the RTA forum!

Certainly by late november, the US is moving into winter mode, and that means that every virtually part of the country can be affected by snow or ice. Staying on a Northern path won't significantly increase your likelyhood of seeing bad weather, if anything it will make it more likely that you'd see snow instead of ice.

Since you have a month, I wouldn't let the weather affect your travel plans too much. Just keep things flexable, and if you run into a bad storm, spend a little more time where you are at and enjoy hunkering down with the locals (at least you won't have to shovel!).

Default Thanks

Thanks for that Michael.

Coming from the more northerly parts of Australia, snow on the roads is not something we ever have to contend with! The odd kangaroo maybe...

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Not to scare you but...

Here in Wisconsin, we not only have snow, but we have kangaroos that jump out into traffic while it snows!

thankfully it doesn't happen very often...