Well basically, a friend and myself, hailing from Cheltenham, UK (round of applause :D) intend on doing the American classic Atlantic Coast road trip next summer, spread out over a period of 5 weeks, give or take a week, depending on how the funds figure out. Commencing the end of June and ending Early August. Our chosen method of transport would be some sort of camper, as we would like to rough it out and put some hair on our chests. My aim is mainly the Florida region, and hers is New York.
Anyway, what im asking is for help.. with practically everything!
Main areas of concern are:
1. Renting a vehicle. Availabily. Price. MPG. Stuff like that..
2. Accommodation. Well we're mainly hoping to use the camper, but will stay at various motels on the road to freshen up.. what are the prices of these Oasis' amongst deserts? Where are those precious gems between arrival and departure?
3. How much will the trip cost between us. I'm aiming to save up about £3,500 which will be converted into American $$. We will split the petrol, and the rest will be our own personal expenditure for supplies/motels/buying things. Will this be enough? My companion is at University at the moment, so will be bringing less to spend. Im guessing we'll have $10,000 between us the whole trip.
4. The big one.. Attractions! What would you recommend we stop and see. My colleague is happy as long as she gets to go to New York again (a place where she calls home). Places on my list include - Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Centre, Fort Lauderdale. So anywhere else between here and NY you would emphasise on us seeing? All suggestions are welcome! (i would like to learn how to surf so some beaches would be nice :D)
5. We plan to stay in New York for a extended period of time. (approx 10 days) are there places we can park the camper for a couple of nights, or are motels reasonably cheap? if so, on estimate.. how much?
Im sorry to be such a useless inconvenience. All help though is greatly appreciated! And if i come across any of you whilst im over in the U.S, im buying you a drink!