1. Default Hi Everyone! My trip from Orange County to Boston and Back!

Hi Everyone. I'm new here and I've never known about this site. It looks pretty awesome.

So anyways, my friend and I decided to take a month long road trip across the U.S. and back next summer and I'm starting to plan it out early - yes, 9 months early. Anyways, I've already established a route and how long we're spending in each city. I am 24 years old and she is 23 years old. This will be her last summer before law school and my last one before I start my career.

We've kind of have an idea what we want to do but there is just so much out there that I thought I'd ask for some help. I know some of you live in, near, or been to these cities and if you could help me out on cool things to do. We're looking for great places to eat, attractions and places to check out. We really want to stay away from fast food or places that are too expensive. We're looking for local favorites, authentic down home cooking and nothing with a chain, except for white castle, because we've never been to one.

Also any advice at all would help, whether on the cities or a road trip. I've never planned anything this big and long before, so I'm a little out of my league. There is no thing like too much info. I've started a blog to organize our thoughts and plans. I'm kind of excited about it because it'll be one of the greatest things I'll do for myself, and it'll help me with experience when I travel Asia or Europe one day.

These will be the major cities we end up seeing, in order. We're starting from Orange County, CA.

Phoenix, AZ
    Albuquerque, NM
    Fort Worth, TX
    Dallas, TX
    Memphis, TN
    Nashville, TN
    Washington, D.C.
    Baltimore, MD
    Philadelphia, PA
    New York City, NY
    Boston, MA
    Syracuse, NY
    Cleveland, OH
    Columbus, OH
    Indianapolis, IN
    Chicago, IL
    St. Louis, MO
    Kansas City, MO
    Denver, CO
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Reno, NV
    San Francisco, CA

Here's the blog I started to sort of organize our trip. I love planning and looking at maps, so this is going to be like heaven for me.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 08-30-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Preferred URL format herein

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Getting started on your adventure

Quote Originally Posted by pocketmoonlight View Post
    Also any advice at all would help, whether on the cities or a road trip.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! I would suggest you start here and read some of our planning essays about planning road trips. There are actually several posts about every one of the cities you mentioned above. You can search this forum by using them as keywords and after you've narrowed your focus a bit -- perhaps there are some specific queries we could address.