Default Moving from Portland, ME to Las Vegas, NV

Hi, I am planning to move at the end of September. I just graduated college and I want to see some of the country while I have the time and no huge obligations. I am going to bring my 21 year old sister along with me for the ride, but she is going to fly back. I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon, but what else should I see? And what route should I take? I mapquested it, but I feel like there is a lot out there and I have never actually been out west, other than to Las Vegas and San Diego. I am a traveller at heart and have been all over Asia. I think its time that I saw some of my own country. So, basically, I want any information that I can get. Money is sort of an issue, but I have never been opposed to credit cards. And time is only an issue for my little sister. I think I will have at least two weeks, but I am flexible. Please, give me any advice that you have. I am basically looking for routes and destinations. Thanks so much!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default the whole country

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

It can be hard to give a good answer about routes and things when your criteria is SO wide open. There are amazing things in every corner of the US. If places like the Grand Canyon are high on your priority list, then I think I'd start by looking at the national park service website and start looking at the many places you could go. With 2 weeks, you'll have lots of time to explore.

Depending upon your sister's interests, I actually might leave out the Grand Canyon of this trip. Since you're moving to Vegas, you'll only be a few hours away, and could easily head there for a weekend sometime. It won't be as easy to get to places like Yellowstone, the Colorado Rockies, or the Smoky Mountains - just to name a few of the many possiblities.