Thread: 9000 miles

1. Default 9000 miles

Im going 9000 miles (all lower 48 states) any suggestions of anything special to prep my car other then fluids and tire pressure? Thanks

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Inspection

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I'd recommend having your car inspected by a good mechanic. In addition to things like fluids and tire pressure, he should be able to give you an idea of what problems are developing and could pose problems on the road. Even that isn't a sure thing, but it should keep you from breaking down from something preventable, like a belt failure or a bad radiator.

3. Default technology for a very long trip

I Have My GPS and my Iphone to try to up date my website and digital camera. But does any one have anything that when they returned from a road trip they wish they would have taken with? Does not have to be technology related.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 08-29-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Merged with exisiting thread. Please do not open multiple threads for the same trip.

Tucson, AZ

Default Less is Far More

You will probably get advice both ways, so I'll start by saying some of my fondest memories are of trips made with nothing more than a paper map and AM radio. The trip should be about your experiences seeing new places and meeting new people. Technology has its place, but not at the forefront of a trip of this magnitude. With my stance now clearly stated, I will say that the one piece of technology that I've adopted since I've been contributing to these forums is a hand held tape recorder. It lets me record my thoughts and impressions as I'm driving and helps jog my (failing) memory when writing RoadTrip reports.

5. Default Thanks AZBuck

Thanks AZBuck. That is a great idea. would not have thought about it. I planned to blog on my site but that was only after. Recorder is a great idea