Hey everyone, first time here and was wondering if someone would be able to help me out on this one.
I'm graduating from university next year (in Scotland) and me and a couple friends are thinking about flying over to north america and taking in the sights before we have to grow up and get real jobs.
This is what we're planning:
1) Fly to toronto and buy a beat up car
2) Drive down the east coast (Boston, New York, DC, Miami etc)
3) Then head west to texas and maybe go down to mexico for a bit
4) Up to Vegas then make our way up the west coast to Vancouver
5) Amble back to Toronto with no real fixed route
Anyway that's what the plan is anyway, what i'm really wondering is how much motels etc cost (key thing to remember is cheap!) and if it's doable to buy a car that runs for cheap aswell. Time isn't really a factor in it and things can be changed if need be, so far it's just a rough plan.
Any thoughts people have would be greatly appreciated!