1. Default Palm Springs to Vancouver BC

Hi all

My husband is trying to convince me to drive, I would rather fly. I need the details to be convinced that this is the correct decision.
    If we drive I would like to see some of the sites, I believe this is a three day drive, where should we stop and would like recommendations for hotels or b & b's.
    Thank you for all your help

{Editor's Note: Since this entire road trip is within the North American continent, this thread was moved to "Off the Beaten Path" instead of "Off-shore road trips"}
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 08-10-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: clarification on forum location

Tucson, AZ

Default Your Call

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Well, I don't know that anyone can make this decision for the two of you, but we can fill in some details to make the discussion a bit more focused. If you're going to make this trip by car, then yes, I'd think that you'd need three days to make it comfortably and have some time to enjoy the sights on the way. If you try to do it in two, you're just going to be rushed and uncomfortable, and by the time you pay for the gas, food and lodging, you won't save that much (if any) over flying. Well spaced stopping points would be Stockton, CA and Eugene, OR. Both towns should offer a choice of several B&Bs, so just try a web search on, for example: Eugene bed breakfast. My wife likes to pick places where the decor appeals to her and usually manages to find some very nice places.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Fly and Drive RoadTrips

Quote Originally Posted by mcmpick View Post
    My husband is trying to convince me to drive, I would rather fly
    It's a long drive and unless you enjoy the process of roadtripping, I would think that a combination fly and drive might make more sense. Maybe fly to Portland and do one of our day trips and then on to Vancouver might be more fun. Here are some tips and advantages of Fly-n-Drive road trips.