1. Default Seattle to Alberta Canada

Hi There,

I will be planning a road trip from Seattle to Alberta Canada. It will be a 8 day trip starting Sept 13. I was wondering if any of you had recommendations as to places to see in Seattle.

However, the majority of the trip will be traveling in Canada to visit Jasper National Park and Banff National Park via Victoria and Vancouver.

Do you have any recommendations for places to stop along the way. i.e vista views, must see places, places to fish, good eats, and more importantly budget lodgings.

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tucson, AZ

Default Odds and Ends

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I'm afraid that all I've ever done in Seattle is change planes, so I'm not much help there, but I have spent some time in Victoria and the National Parks of British Columbia/Alberta. If the 8 days has to cover a complete round trip between Seattle, Banff and back to Seattle, you'll be a little pressed for time, but still be able to do a nice trip. Some of the things I've really enjoyed on your route would include the harbor area of Victoria, particularly the Royal BC Museum, Butchart Gardens north of town, poking around the islands between Victoria and Vancouver, and Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks. In the Banff area be sure to have lunch at the Fairmont and enjoy the ambiance and the view. For relatively cheap lodging, you'll do better in some of the smaller towns a little removed from the heart of the parks. We found an excellent owner rental in Canmore when we spent a week in the area a few years ago. British Columbia offers a wealth of fishing opportunities.

3. Default Seattle to Alberta Canada

Mary, Seattle is a wonderful place! I go up there every chance I get. Down along the waterfront on Alaskan Way, there are many interesting shops including "Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe" with Sylvester the mummy. Harbor tours, seafood restaraunts, import stores, Seattle aquarium, IMAX theater. And just across the street and up the stairs is the Pike Place Market. Too much here to list, but a must see when visiting Seattle. The underground tour was very good, and Broadway street up in the Capitol Hill district is a street filled with interesting shops, and good restaraunts. Also good, but spendy are the space needle, and Paul Allen's EXP musical museum.