1. Default Las Vegas to Kansas City road trip

My boyfriend and i are planning a US adventure, travelling to Las Vegas in October for his 30th birthday. We are planning to spend 5/6 nights in Vegas then take a drive to Kansas City to visit family.

We are planning to do the road trip over 5/6 days but can be flexible, any advice on routes or sites to see, places to stay, along the way would be most gratefully received...

Also suggestions on an outstanding restaurant to visit or activities to do in Vegas for his birthday would be welcomed......

Thanks very much!!

South of England.

Default Lots to see.

Hello and welcome to R.T.A.

Your journey is approx 1,350 miles and can be done comfortably in 3 days, so time to spare for sight seeing. The main thing is, what are your interests.

The direct route would be I-15 to I-70 where you will see there is lots to do and see. An alternative would be turn off after St George and go through Zion n.p, Bryce canyon and get on scenic byway 12 through Grand escalante and Capitol reef before linking back up with I-70.

Another choice would be to head for Grand canyon,[I-40] and Monument valley and then up through Moab [191] and link back up with I-70 or continue east and get on the million dollar highway via Farmington and Durango, all though that would add driving time.

Have a look at your options and then we may be able to help you "fine tune" your trip
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 08-09-2008 at 08:54 AM.

3. Default

Thank you very much for your helpful advice, I will have a look at the options suggested. Basically our interests are very varied, we love outstanding scenery, national parks, but would also like to take in some cultural stuff if possible and explore a few towns on the way!?