1. Default English Lads roadtripping in USA

Hi all.
    There are 6 of us coming over april next year for 16 days, we are sking/boarding in vail for the first 5 days. then we plan to roadtrip over to vegas for a couple days, down through arizona to san diego, and end up in LA for a couple days. Has anyone got any ideas for places to visit or routes to take besides the obvious ones. We would like to see as much as possible and party hard as much as much as possible. any advice/tips welcome.
    Jamie (tour dad)

Tucson, AZ

Default Sometimes Direct is Best

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Around here, you'll find a certain reticence to call any place, attraction or route "the best", simply because there are too many variables involved, including p0ersonal taste. But in your case, I think you'd be hard pressed to do better than the most direct route which is just I-70 to Utah and then I-15 down to Los Angeles. Especially through Utah I-70 is one of the most spectacular roads in the world. I-70/I-15 will take you right past Arches, Bryce Canyon, and Zion National Parks.

Of course, there is no better party place than Las Vegas. Then in northern Arizona there are plenty of attractions besides the Grand Canyon. And if you didn't get enough night life in Las Vegas, you should be able to top off in L.A.

3. Default

Thanks for your help
    we were thinking of turning off of the I70 onto the 191 so that we go down past monument valley, it quite a bit longer so do you think it is worth the extra milege.

Tucson, AZ

Default Tough Call

But there's no 'wrong' answer. You can continue down US-191 from Arches National Park through Monument Valley and then see the Grand Canyon by way of US-160/US-89/AZ-64. There is absolutely no wrong decision here, but if this were my first (and possibly only) visit to the American southwest, I would tend to lean toward including one of the natural wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon.