1. Default 1 MONTH ROAD TRIP USA MAY or JUNE 2009

Hi there. In 2009 either May or June my wife and I are heading to the states for a one month holiday. Both of us are in our early 50's and although we play golf that it would not be a priority. We are open to suggestions and have thought about California but we would consider anywhere.

John S
    Northern ireland.

Tucson, AZ

Default Old or New Sod

Céad Míle Fáilte! Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I have always felt that there are three places in the world where I'd like to retire: New Zealand, New England, or Ireland. I'm not sure what it is about those three areas that so similar - I can easily think of as many differences - but if you're looking for the spot in America most like home, then I'd recommend New England, especially the coast of Maine. If you're looking for "something completely different" (and a happy 40th anniversary to the boys), then I'd recommend the American Southwest, specifically Las Vegas, southern Utah and northern Arizona. The May/June timeframe would work for either of those locations.

South of England.

Default Horses for courses

Hello and welcome.

As Buck says it depends on what type of holiday you are looking for and also your main interests. Being from the U.K. and liking to see different things then the Southwest has so much to offer.
    I'd also go along with Utah, Arizona and Vegas, but with your time scale you can also add your original thought of California, but this will depend on whether your plan is to explore from the same base [or 2] or keep on the move. The places mentioned offers pretty much everything, city's, forests, lakes,mountains, deserts and sea, and all in a spectacular fashion.

If you were to hire a car and get on the move, here's a little taster of this area from my own roadtrip.

Start to sort out what you want from the trip and what your main interests would be and once you have done so come back and we will be pleased to help you piece it together.
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 08-08-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo