Thread: 15 days.

1. Default 15 days.

Hi everyone,

I'm a 23 year old undergraduate from Singapore heading over to Boston, MA exchange program this fall. I'm planning to execute a solo roadtrip lasting 15 days in the 2nd half of december and have been doing some research online when I came across this fabulous site which has provided plenty of great tips.

Now I would like to seek your advice and ideas on any possible itineries that you might have. Cost is not a major issue here and I do not mind flying before starting the roadtrip proper. The only constraint I really face is that I have only 15 days for travelling. I'm a sucker for great scenery and getting to know places, people and its culture.

I wish to cover as many miles and get to know as many places as well as I possibly can during these 15 days and will definitely appreciate any suggestions put forth. Thanks and I look forward to your creative inputs.

Cheerios!

Default more specifics

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

15 days to travel starting from pretty much anywhere in the US givse you a world of options - so many it really makes it tough to know where to start without some good ideas of what you are looking for.

Are there any areas of the US that you want to Focus on? Considering it will be December, is there any specific weather you want to experience or avoid? Do you want natural wonders or are cities and urban areas more your thing?

I think you'll be able to have a great time no matter what you end up doing or where you end up doing it, but without knowing a little more about what you are looking for, its hard to find a good starting point.

Default How much experience do you have for winter travel?

Quote Originally Posted by imbino View Post
    The only constraint I really face is that I have only 15 days for travelling. I'm a sucker for great scenery and getting to know places, people and its culture.
    Sounds like a pretty wonderful task to have. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! How much experience do you have driving in ice and snow? If you are comfortable with winter driving, I would suggest using Salt Lake City, Utah as your fly-in hub and go explore the national parks in Utah & Arizona. If you would prefer warmer climes, I would suggest flying into Atlanta and exploring the deep south and Florida.

Mark

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

Default Why Not Route 66?

Land in LA and take Route 66 to Chicago. This will give you a nice slice of Americana, both new and old.

And, Route 66 runs alongside and sometimes under interstates the whole way, so if you start getting behind,you can hop back on.