1. Default 7day road trip From San Fran to Vegas-Grand Canyon

Hi, I'm leaving in London and planning to do a 7day scenic road trip in the west coast from San Fran to...., I don't know..., Vegas? Grand Canyon? Any suggestions, would be more than welcome as I've never been there before.

South of England.

Default A popular choice.

Hello and welcome to the R.T.A forums.

This is one of the most discussed areas on the forums and there is a whole host of info available. The search button in the green tool bar will throw up lots of info for you.

If you are heading for the Grand canyon you could make a nice loop from San Francisco.
    My choice would be head East to yosemite and cross the Tioga pass [HWY 120] to lee vining. Then head south on HWY 395 to Lone pine before heading across Death valley on HWY190 to Vegas before heading to the south rim of the Grand canyon by way of the Hoover dam, and possibly an original part of route'66.

Depending on how much time you want to be driving compared to staying in one area will depend on whether you need to be direct returning to San fran via, as much Interstate as possible, or you could head across to the coast and head through Monterey back to San fran.
    The distances to be travelled are quite deceiving compared to planning a trip in the U.K. so use a mapping system and add a fair bit of time as there is just so much to see and do here and the scenery will take your breath away.

Once you have had a look come back and we can help you "fine tune" your trip.

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Try this post for one-stop "shopping"

One of our moderators, created this post with links to some of the most helpful discussions about the San Francisco to Vegas/Grand Canyon journey. I suggest you start there and follow the links to those discussions. Reading through them should give you a wealth of information to help you plan your trip.