1. Default 3 single women + car + $$ = ??

Two friends and I are planning a Western U.S. road trip sometime in Aug or Sept. We're looking for some secluded, 4- or 5-star resorts in scenic areas -- places where we can enjoy the beautiful outdoors but also sleep on 400-thread-count sheets :) Cabin-type places could be fine. Any ideas?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default A little broad

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

4 or 5 star resorts really aren't my thing, but regardless, I think you'll have a lot more luck finding some help if you narrow things down a bit from "the western us." Do you have any areas or even states that you are looking to focus on?

Default Luxe Hotel in Colorado

My in-laws rave about The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. My father-in-law is a retired hospitality industry hotel manager and is, as you might assume, fairly hard to please, and he loves The Broadmoor. You'll see on their website the hotel is right at "the flatirons" in CO Springs.

From there, you're reasonably close to Pike's Peak, The Presidential Range, a slightly thrilling ride over the Continental Divide to Gunnison, CO, some kitschy hot springs, Historic Leadville, Aspen, and Rocky Mountain National Park. I doubt any of the above are > 2 hours away, possibly excepting RMNP, for getting there requires getting to and through Denver.

It's quite likely some of the ski resorts have luxe accomodations available at that time of year. In the event you're not familiar with them, they would include Steamboat, Vail, Beaver Creek, Snowmass, Aspen, Breckinridge, and Copper Mountain, to name most of the larger resorts.

Farther west in Colorado, I'd check in to Ouray and Silverton for luxe inns or B&Bs. Each town is really spectacular, if compact, and surrounded by what amounts to the Alps of America.

4. Default

Thanks Foy! And Midwest Michael, we're looking mainly in the Rockies, especially Colorado and Wyoming.