1. Default farmers markets in colorado and info on Moab??

Hi,
    I'll be travelling through Denver CO. Sat July 26 to Jackson on Sunday . Are there any farmers markets along the way to buy good local food? Maybe in Boulder ?
    Also, a good place to stay in Moab area camping, is the Koa alright in Arches Park or are there other places?? We want to see the real thing. Is it possible to drive thru Arches ,maybe go for a short 2 hour hike? Lastly driving the scenic road from Moab along #128 towards #70 to Grand Junction rather than going back to #191 then onto #70 .I 'm just concerned about time. How long does it take to go to Denver from Moab on either of these routes?
    Thanks, Anne

Default Can't drive through Arches

Hi there,

You're not able to drive "through" Arches National Park. There's a road that stretches about 18 miles into the park, but you'll have to come back down that way to get out. There's plenty of hiking opportunities (some required if you want to get up close to the best arches in the park).

Someone else can elaborate on Farmers Markets and the camping facilities in that region. I assume the campgrounds in Arches are decent (and quite convenient if you want to do a majority of your hiking there).

Default Farmers Markets and Arches

Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    re there any farmers markets along the way to buy good local food?
    Here is the list of the six established farmer's markets in the metro Denver area.
    Also, a good place to stay in Moab area camping, is the Koa alright in Arches Park or are there other places??
    Arches is a national park and so there is no KOA inside the park. There are NPS campgrounds there and a number of other private campgrounds near Moab. The KOA is located at mile marker 121 on US-Hwy-191, which a ways south of town and quite a ways from the national park. I would recommend camping in the national park if you want to do some hiking.
    We want to see the real thing. Is it possible to drive thru Arches ,maybe go for a short 2 hour hike?
    Like Kinless mentioned above, it is the same road in and out of the park. The entrance/exit is a couple miles north of town on US-191. So, technically you are able to drive IN the park, but not really "through" it!
    Lastly driving the scenic road from Moab along #128 towards #70 to Grand Junction rather than going back to #191 then onto #70
    The difference in time from Moab via either US-191 or UT-128 back to the same spot on I-70 (where UT-128 joins I-70) is about 35-45 minutes. (It will take about 1.5 hours to drive along UT-128 to Exit 202 on I-70 and about an hour of so to travel along US-191 and then east on I-70 to Exit 202.)

Moab to Denver (with 1-2, "stretching" stops is about six hours).

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 07-20-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Default Camping in/near Arches

I've camped at the KOA in Moab. It's typical of a KOA campground. Nice but there's no privacy, especially if you're tent-camping.

Reserve America is a website that helps you find the various campgrounds in national and state parks, plus those operated by other government agencies. I've had great luck finding wonderful campsites there.