1. Default Seattle to Portland-- NEED ADVICE

I plan to travel to Portland from Seattle, any good route advices... interested to take the pacific scenic route.

any other on the way places to see?

Let me know.

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Yeah, there are a few scenic options

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forum!

How much time do you have? To go along the Pacific Coast, you will need at least two days. More would be better.

If you only have one day, try this route. Leave early so you'll have time to explore a bit. Highlights are the fishing town of Westport, the cranberry bogs in Grayland, the beautiful coast near Tokeland, the sloughs south of Willapa Bay, the Long Beach Peninsula, fishing village of Naselle, Fort Columbia and Fort Columbia (particularly the Lewis & Clark museum commemorating their first siting of the Pacific Ocean), the bridge to Astoria, the Astoria Maritime Museum and Column, and Fort Clatsop just west of Astoria (where Lewis & Clark wintered).

If you have at least two days, add the Olympic Peninsula. Enjoy Port Townsend, Dungeness Spit in Sequim, the lavender fields, Hurricane Ridge in Port Angeles, the drive along Lake Crescent, the Hall of Mosses just south of Forks, the beaches at Kalaloch, the trails and water at Lake Quinault.

If you don't have that much time, just take I-5. It's a pretty drive but not near as scenic as the coast (or mountains or other options). It's about 3-3.5 hours from Seattle to Portland via I-5. The best scenic stop along the way is Mt. St. Helens. At Castle Rock, about an hour south of Olympic, you can take the road east from Castle Rock to the Johnston Ridge Visitor Center. It takes almost an hour to drive from Castle Rock to the VC. I would plan for at least an hour there, bare minimum. More if you want to spend time at all the exhibits, watching the films, and/or to do some hiking. If you don't have a lot of time, it's still worth the side-trip. Just viewing the crater and surrounding destruction is worth seeing.

If you have more questions, let me know. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by PNW Judy; 07-15-2008 at 11:26 PM. Reason: re-read OP and actually answered the question they asked!