Default First time road trippers - November

What a great site! This is my first post, but I've read lots of great ideas.

My friends and I are travelling from the UK and are starting our road trip in New York. The vague idea is to travel North-East through Conneticut, Massachusettes, New Hampshire, possibly Maine, then Vermont - we've heard that this part of America is beautiful in the Fall. We definitely want to pop over to Canada to see Niagra Falls, but then we'll be heading over (probably flying) to the West Coast to explore California and go to Las Vegas.

Like I said, this is just a vague plan. We've got a month to travel around, so there's plenty of room for detours and stop-offs. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default I'm glad you have enjoyed reading around here!

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forums!!

Your trip sounds very feasible and, yes, the Northeast has some beautiful areas in the fall. (And every other time of your, too.) To do both the East and West coasts in one month, flying in-between is definitely your best bet.

If I understand your request correctly, right now you're still just reading and getting idea. Right? If so, you can't go wrong with this compilation by AZBuck with links to some of the best posts about the Northeast/New England area. He did another compilation of good posts about Niagara Falls and travel around there. And yet another about traveling on the West Coast.

These should give you a lot of good ideas.

Also visit our International Traveler page with lots of good links to other helpful information.

Happy planning and keep asking questions during your planning so we can help you plan a terrific vacation here in The States!