1. Default NY-> CO(truck) CO-> UT (motorcycle)

Hey guys and gals I need a hand showing my family the west. I live in western NY and have been out west twice on spring break. (Drove from NY to CA, and NY to NM, AZ and UT. Both just in a car).

I am the only one that has ventured out west in my family. I plan on moving out west next year and want to show them what they are missing.

Anyways to the point... We are leaving western NY and driving to CO in a truck and trailer. Taking three bikes out. Plan on parking the truck, and then be on the road with the bikes for 4 days. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a 4 day round trip covering parts of CO and UT.

I would like to cover as many national parks as possible. Riding 400 miles a day isn't a problem. Plan on camping right off from the bikes. Main prioity of the trip is to see the landscape and maybe toss in some fishing where it is possible.

If anyone had any suggestions that would be great.

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default What a fun idea!

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forums.

Something like this would make a nice loop. It will take you through the backbone of the Rockies and cool towns like Leadville, the Grand Canyon of the Gunnison, the Million Dollar Highway, Durango, Mesa Verde NP, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce NP, Capitol Reef NP, Arches NP, Glenwood Springs, and back up lovely I-70 to Denver. It's 1765 miles so it's just a tad more than 400 miles per day. However, I'm not a biker and have no idea if these roads are appropriate for bikes.

This will take you through mountains, forests, desert, canyons, and back through more forests and mountains again. A very nice mix, I think.
    Last edited by PNW Judy; 07-13-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added comment