1. Default From Springfield, Missouri to San Francisco

I am planning to drive from Springfield Missouri to San Francisco in September but only have 5 to 6 days. Is that at all feasable? Thanks for the help!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Certainly, 1 way

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Via I-40 and I-5, the trip is about 1900 miles, and traveling at a comfortable pace of 7-8 hours a day on the road you could make it there in 4 days. If you have 5-6 days, you'll have quite a bit of time to stop and sightsee along the way.

If you were trying to do it as a round trip, in that time, then you'd be doing more than would be recommended.

3. Default

Thank you so much! No it isn't panned as a round trip, only one-way. Are the I-40 and I-5 nice routes? Anything special one can see there? Any recommendations on nice places to stay etc.?
    Thank you so much!

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default There are special things to see on any route in the US

We all strongly believe that there is no such thing as a boring road. This post lists state and national parks along all the major interstates in the US. And this discussion lists things to do, from A-to-Z, in every state in the US (plus Canada and most of Mexico).

From about Amarillo TX to Barstow CA, you'll be parallelling old Route 66. And there is a ton of Route 66 kitsch left that's fun to see. Check out some links to things to do/see along here on this page.

What kinds of things do you like? History? Natural wonders? The more we know about the specific things you enjoy, the better recommendations we can give you.