Default summer 2009 roadtrip

My friend and I are starting to plan our senior trip. We have decided to take a road trip for about a month from Louisiana to California. We are not sure of what things we can do along the way. Taking our time, enjoying the freedom, and viewing the sites is what we are wanting, that and having lots of fun! If anyone has some tips, suggestions, or ANY information on what we can do, PLEASE let me know because it will be much help.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default more than sites

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Its always fun to start looking ahead, and there certainly will be no shortage of things you could see. With a month at your disposal, you could spend a few days driving each way and then spend the rest of your time exploring california, or you could do a loop of the entire western US. Time is a wonderful thing to have here.

Of course, there is a lot more than goes into planning a roadtrip than just plotting out places to visit. You need to think about How much your trip will cost and if you have the money to do the trip you really want to take, you have to think about working with your travel companions so you both get the kind of trip you want. Those are just a few of the responsibilites that come with taking a roadtrip.

I encourage you to keep thinking about what you want out of this trip, but also think about how you will make it happen. There is a lot more to a fun monthlong roadtrip than just getting in the car and enjoying youthful freedom. You can make it happen, but you need to think about all the elements of a sucessful trip.