1. Default Boston to Niagara Falls

My husband and I are coming from England to spend 9 days in the American East Coast, we are arriving to Boston and hiring a car pursuing to drive to the Niagara Falls as our first stop, then Washington DC, maybe New York and then back to Boston. It is going to take us over 7 hours to drive to Niagara, any suggestion about where to stop in the way and where to stay in Niagara? and how long should we consider stay there for?

Default Déjà Vu All Over Again

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Each of the legs of your trip has come up before, so at the risk of repeating myself, let me direct you to this post that lists some of your options on the Boston to Niagara leg and this one that does the same for the Niagara to Washington leg. The Washington to Boston leg his through the heart of the urbanized northeast, Philadelphia and New York. As for your specific questions, If you want to stop on the way to Niagara, there are several small cities on your route once you get to New York, including Albany, Utica, Rome, etc. These mostly got there start during the heyday of the Erie Canal and so have a bit of history to them. In Niagara, I'd recommend staying a couple of days. Besides the Falls there are two towns at the northern end of the Niagara River, Niagara-on-the-lake and Youngstown that are worth exploring on foot, and Toronto could make a worthwhile day trip.

AZBuck

Default Nice Plan ... Need your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller Claudia View Post
    My husband and I are coming from England to spend 9 days in the American East Coast, we are arriving to Boston and hiring a car pursuing to drive to the Niagara Falls as our first stop, then Washington DC, maybe New York and then back to Boston. It is going to take us over 7 hours to drive to Niagara, any suggestion about where to stop in the way and where to stay in Niagara? and how long should we consider stay there for?

Hi,

I am Dhiwa. I am planning a similar trip from Boston to Boston :)

Just would like to know how was ur trip and what are the places u visited. It will be helpful for me.

Thank You. Looking forward for ur reply.

E-mail address removed
    Last edited by AZBuck; 03-19-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Welcome to the RTA Forum, Dhiwa!

Sorry to tell you but the original poster asked their question in 2008 and they haven't been active on the forum since, so its very unlikely you'll be getting a response.

I would plan to spend about half a day at Niagara, that was sufficient time for us