1. Default roadside attractions interstate 95

Hi All,
    Just wondering if there's any information out there on roadside attractions from Buffalo, NY to Naples, Fl. Most of our travel will be on I95. We are leaving Buffalo and planning to stop in Charlotte, NC then back to Naples, FL.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default guides

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

There are all sorts of great parks and places to stop along the interstate, which are presented in this thread. If you want a really detailed look at what is available everywhere along the route, you may want to check out the book Drive I-95.

3. Default Thank you

Hi Michael,
    Thank you so much for the info. This is my first time using the internet this way. I wasn't sure what to expect. I'll be sure to check out that book.

Default I'm confused

Hello Bailey,

NC resident Foy chiming in here. I'm a bit confused: You're headed from Buffalo, NY to Naples, FL and expect to be on I-95 a great deal and plan to stop in Charlotte, NC. Where I'm confused is that Charlotte is not on I-95, nor does it seem like accessing I-95 on a Buffalo to Naples trip would take place before somewhere in lower South Carolina, if at all.

Charlotte is on I-85 and I-77. I imagine some travellers would leave Buffalo and go southwest to Akron and pick up I-77 there, then stay on I-77 all the way to Charlotte. From Charlotte, I-77 continues south through Columbia, SC and there you join I-26 and connect to I-95.

BUT, that puts you on I-95 which enters Florida on the Atlantic coast, diagonally across the state from your destination. I think some would go to Charlotte on I-77, thence to Atlanta on I-85, thence pick up I-75 all the way down the Gulf coast of Florida, to Naples.

I don't really have much to offer in terms of sights to see, etc, only that your travel plans and inclusion of Charlotte seems unusual. If you have plans and desires to zig-zag around a bit, all's well.