1. Default sequoia to death valley

I'm sure someone else has posted this but I can't find it SO.. I'm coming over in October and plan to go from Palm Springs to either LA OR San Diego for 2 days. Therafter, we're heading for Death Valley, but planned to visit Sequoia NP en route. We have 2 days to get/spend there but not sure how long it'll take to get to Furnace Creek from Sequoia. Could re-organise things if there's a stop off point between Sequoia and Furnace Creek. By the way, I'll have a 12 & 13 year old with me.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me

Default A question of reasonableness

Quote Originally Posted by leajohnston View Post
    We have 2 days to get/spend there but not sure how long it'll take to get to Furnace Creek from Sequoia.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! It is a reasonable drive from Sequoia to Furnace Creek if you use the interstate-like highways, (CA-58 and CA-99). There is a cross-sierra, two-lane route from the back side of Sequoia over to Owens Valley (approach to Death Valley) but it is too long for a single day and there really aren't motels along most of the route. Here is a discussion about this area. And some information about visiting the Gian Sequoias in this thread.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by leajohnston View Post
    Therafter, we're heading for Death Valley, but planned to visit Sequoia NP en route. We have 2 days to get/spend there but not sure how long it'll take to get to Furnace Creek from Sequoia. Could re-organise things if there's a stop off point between Sequoia and Furnace Creek. By the way, I'll have a 12 & 13 year old with me.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me
    we took the drive from portersville through the sequoia national forest towards johnsondale and down the kern valley into kernville and it's a lovely scenic drive that i'd recommend. this would give you the option of stopping over night in the lake isabella area [kernville is a lovely little town] before continuing to death valley via ridgecrest to stovepipe wells and the glorious sand dunes nearby and onto furnace creek.

on the way near johnsondale there is the "trial of 100 giants" a quiet grove of giant sequoias with a nice walking trial. a little info here on the area.
    the trees are not as large as in the giants forest but are still huge and if you are tight on time may even be an alternative to the sequoia N.P. but if you can find the time to do both,it's a great route.
    have a great trip!!!