1. Default 7 day road trip from Iowa.

My wife and 5 yr old daughter want to go on a 6-7 day road trip starting next Thursday June 12th. We will leave from Waterloo, IA. and we don't care where we go, yet we want to have some structure. We are open to most anything including camping. Does anyone have any ideas of a fun trip for us to take? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ;)

Green County, Wisconsin

Default throwing darts

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

What sort of things does your family find fun? A week gives you a pretty big range of possibilities of places you can go, and certainly you can camp pretty much anywhere. So help us out a little more here, are you looking for interesting cities? natural landmarks? peace and quiet? I can think of a lot of possible places, but I'm not sure where to begin.

3. Default

We like a little of everything. We were looking to do kind of a mix. What I mean is we would like some city stuff, but also do some camping. Was thinking of almost every other night camp then hotel things. We basically just want to spend a week seeing neat stuff and not caring about when we get back.

4. Default

I know that you cant give me an exact itineray but just wanted to get some ideas. We are leaning towards going West right now, but I dont know what there is to do South or East from Iowa. Just looking for suggestions.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Variety

Well, if you are looking for a variety, a couple thoughts would come to mind. one would be to do a loop out to Colorado, going through Omaha out to Denver, spending some time in the mountains, and then coming back through KC.

Looking a little more south, you could take a look at the Ozarks, say go down to KC, down into Arkansas, over to Memphis, and then back up the River Road.

Going East, you might have enough time to do a quick loop of Lake Michigan.

6. Default

We ar thinking of doing the south trip, you have any more specifics?