1. Default Hot Weather Roadtrip.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums, but had a question that I thought I'd ask. I live in New England, and have been planning a weekend trip this Saturday thru Monday that would probably end up being a total of 400-500 miles. (100-200 miles each day) I have an older Honda, which is in good shape, and I just got fully serviced a few weeks ago.

The problem is, the temperatures this weekend are going to be very warm for this region (90-95 and humid) I'm wondering if it might be a better idea to put the trip on hold until the weather is a little milder. I have total faith in my car, but I know that heat can put a lot of extra strain on a car, and even though it's in good shape, it's fairly old as it is. Does this seem like a long enough trip to be concerned about this?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default ask your mechanic

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

A car in good working order should be able to handle 90 degree conditions without any problem. Of course, before any roadtrip it is wise to check in with a mechanic to make sure there are no problems that might exist that could become issues while you are on the road, and if you are worried about heat, have him double check things like the AC and cooling systems that would be particularly important during summer conditions.