1. Default SLC/Provo to Denver - Advice?

Hi all,

Some friends and I are planning to head up to Denver from SoCal towards the end of June for about a week of relaxation and outdoors fun. We're planning on spending one day to get up to SLC or Provo where we'll spend the night. For the rest of the trip to Denver, it seems like we have 3 options:

a) I-80 east to Cheyenne, and then I-25 south into Denver
    b) US-40 east across Utah and Colorado
    c) US-6 south to I-70 and east across to Denver

We're under no particular time constraints, are are mostly interested in the scenery and any historical stops along the way. We're also interested in taking one route there and another back. Any suggestions?

Tucson, AZ

Default Time Constraints

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

If you really plan to get from southern California to Denver in two days, then you are under time constraints, especially if you want to go through Salt Lake City AND see some scenery AND make historical stops along the way. You're looking at over 1,200 miles, which is a hard two day drive. To make it easier, you could leave off Salt Lake City and take I-70 through Utah and Colorado. An alternative route would use I-40 into northern Arizona, US-89/US-160 through the Four Corners area, the Million Dollar Highway north to US-50 through the Black Canyon of the Gunnison and then I-25 up to Denver. But in either case, you won't have a lot of spare time with only two days to make the trip(s) between Denver and California.