1. Default Atlanta to Las Vegas

I'm really new to this whole road-tripping thing, so I don't even know where to begin. But my idea is to travel from my home town in Atlanta,GA to Las Vegas, nevada and to make a few stops along the way. I would be so grateful if someone could give me some info on everything that would be of importance or interest to me on my road trip.

Edit: I have about two or so weeks to make this trip. There are three people going on the trip including myself, and I personally have a budget of about five hundred dollars. Things that interest me are FOOD! and just things out of the ordinary. The purpose of this trip is just to explore the area between Atlanta and Las Vegas. In Vegas, I'm planning on seeing the Cirque Du Soleil show "LOVE". And then, I'm coming back home to Atlanta.
    Last edited by adam120; 05-31-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Pretty broad

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I know you say you don't know where to begin, but you really haven't given us a starting point either. You'd like us to tell you about what would be of interest and importance to you, but you haven't said a word about what you find interesting or important. What is the purpose of this trip? How long do you have? What does your budget look like? Would this be a round trip? A solo trip or a trip with friends? Why Vegas?

Without those things, we'd just be making shots in the dark. In the meantime, however, I suggest taking a look through the planning pages of this site, which have tons of information about the basics of roadtripping, and I'd also recommend simply browsing through the many threads on this forum.

3. Default

Can someone at least suggest a route?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default direct

The direct route would be I-20 to Birmingham, US-78 to Memphis, and then I-40 to Arizona and then north on US-93 over the Hoover Dam and into Las Vegas.