1. Default Planning a Road Trip from Toronto

hi guys,
    I am planning to go on a road trip in late june, 6-9 days.
    But this is the first time i plan a road trip, really don't know where to go, and what to do.

here is some info,
    1.) Starting from Toronto, anywhere from here, but not going to United State, including passing.
    2.) affordable
    3.) FUN, even by myself

Please give me some advices and ideas on planning this,
    really wanna go away for a while,

Thank you very much,

Default Only you can answer that!

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forums!

hi guys,
    I am planning to go on a road trip in late june, 6-9 days.
    But this is the first time i plan a road trip, really don't know where to go, and what to do

here is some info,
    1.) Starting from Toronto, anywhere from here, but not going to United State, including passing.

We really can't tell you what to do. We could offer suggestions but we really need a lot more information than this. What are you interested in seeing? What kinds of things strike your fancy? Historic sites? Natural wonders? Cultural activities? Help us help you by giving us more information.

2.) affordable
    What is affordable to one person, might be a small fortune to another. What kind of budget are you working with?

3.) FUN, even by myself
    If you enjoy your own company, that would be anything.

Please give me some advices and ideas on planning this, really wanna go away for a while,
    I'm thinking you should start by brainstorming. Try to remember places you've heard of, or read about, or seen about on TV, or maybe even seen in a movie that intrigue you. Start making a list. Get a good map and mark places on it that interest you. You might also browse around this website for ideas. After you've gotten a very rough idea started, come on back here and we can probably give you a lot better help.

Your guidelines will be your budget and the time you have. We figure that people should drive no more than about 800-840 km each day. This gives you a bit of time to stop and explore along the way. Obviously, if you want more than a few hours to do this, you will want to plan for driving less distance.

From just a quick look at a map, I think I would consider places like Algonquin Provincial Park, Montreal, Parc du Mont-Treblant, City of Quebec, some interesting seashore area along the Great Lakes, or just heading north into some of the more remote areas of your fascinating country...that would be cool, I think. Maybe some of those ideas will help get you started.

Let us know how we can help you further.