1. Default Road Trip from West Virginia to Houston Texas

Good Evening All.

We plan to drive from Charleston , WV to Houston Texas. Plan is to leave around June 16th (2008) and reach texas on June 22 or June 23.
    This is around 19 hours (1200 miles ) trip straight.

Since we are spending all this money in gas and time, we are thinking why don't see the scenary, historic sites, forests, parks etc. whatever come in our way. I have taken directions from but will have my GPS with me.

Any advice on what sites we can see during our trip. I am open to take a detour of upto 20 to 30 miles on my way if I have to go to any national pars, sites, historic sites, caves etc. I want to see as much as possible on this trip and enjoy the sites.

Thank you in advance.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default be the map

Welcome to the RTA forum!

My advice would be to guide this trip yourself, and don't let a computer do it for you.

You could comfortably do this trip in 2 long days, so you've got plenty of time to work with. Instead of worrying about where Google or a GPS say you should go, look at places that you want to go - even if that is far more than 20 to 30 miles off the beaten path selected for you by a computer.

There are a million things you could see, and you might start by looking at our state by state list of ideas, but do a little looking at the kinds of places that fit your interests and take the roads that lead you there, instead of the other way around.

3. Default Help Pls: West Virginia to Houston Texas

Thank you Michael.

I will look into the states website to see what sites we can see during our trip.

But anyone can give any tips, any sites that will be on our way, that we can stop by and see ? Anyone who already knows the sites like forests, national parts, historic sites, caves etc. ; between West Virginia to Houston Texas.

Thank you