1. Default San diego to portland, oregon

I have to move to school in Portland, Oregon and when I checked the map I was shock and it take about 16 hours. Thus, I decide to plan a road trip to go with my friend. I would like to stop at San francisco but after san fran I have no idea about the interesting place on the way to oregon.
    Can some one who had an experience plan the rip for me?
    PS. I have 1 week for road trip.

Thank you

2. Default scenic route

i would take the scenic 101 highway north instead of the direct route using I-5. 101 will take you through the beautiful redwoods and through crescent city which i found breathtaking. once in oregon, you can visit all the lighthouses along the coast. they span from brookings to tillamook.

if you choose to drive I-5 and if you like shakespeare, i'd stop in ashland, oregon and catch a couple of plays. then take a trip detour over to klamath lake and then crater lake national park.

If you look under the post SF to Portland and back, I put some ideas down. (I tried to cut and paste, but the links were no longer there--I'm techno challenged!) I am sure there are many more as well.

I am originally from San Jose, CA and was stationed in Coos Bay, OR for five years and made the trip every way possible more times that I can count.

Have a great trip.