1. Default Indiana To Las Vegas

I'll be done with my internship in Las Vegas on August 8th and don't need to be back at Purdue until August 22nd. So I thought that this would be a good opportunity to take some time to see the sights on the way back. I'll be in a Jeep Wrangler - terrible gas mileage for a trip like this but fun - so a scenic drive would be nice and if anyone knows of any good trails to drive on that would be good too. I am open to about anything anyone can suggest, national parks, odd attractions, anything really. So any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Tucson, AZ

Default Shooting Fish in a Barrel

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

There are lots of options between Las Vegas and Lafayette, so rather than trying to suggest a route, let me just list some of the possibilities that meet your criteria. Zion and Bryce Canyon in southwestern Utah, of course, but also UT-12 eastward toward Colorado. I-70, US-50 through the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, and then once out on the plains, the Oregon and Santa Fe Trails, and/or US-56 which will take you by scenic roads, wildlife refuges, and some remaining prairie.