1. Default Baton Rouge, Louisiana to Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Me and two of my buddies are planning a trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming from Louisiana this May and were wondering what the most entertaining drive would be. Are there any roads that are a must, and are there any roads that we should stray from. Were big into sight seeing, and dont mind going out of our way to see something new.

Tucson, AZ

Default Let Me Count the Ways

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

There are any number of possible routes between Baton Rouge and Jackson, but you will; have to limit yourselves to two, one up and one back. My picks for such a pair would include this one that includes a lot of the southwest and Rocky Mountains:

I-40/I-20 to Dallas; US-287 up the Red River Valley to Amarillo; I-40 and US-285 to Santa Fe; US-84 to Pagosa Springs and US-160 across southern Colorado to Durango; US-550, the Million Dollar Highway north to Montrose and then US-50 west to Grand Junction; CO-139/CO-64 north to Dinosaur;US-40 west to Vernal, UT; US-191/CO-44/WY-530 north through Flaming Gorge to Green River and Rock Springs; US-191/US-89 north to Jackson.

And this one that picks up some more Rockies, a few old west cow towns, and the Ozarks:

US-26/US-287 east and south through the Bridger Wilderness and Great Divide Basin to Rawlins and on into northern Colorado; US-34 west and US-40 east to loop through Rocky Mountain National Park; I-25 south to Pueblo; US-50 east through Dodge City to Wichita; US-412/US-64/Muskogee Turnpike to Sallislaw; US-59 south and then the Talimena Scenic Drive through the Ozarks; and finally US-59/US-71 towards home.

Now clearly following such a route will require some navigation, but the sites linked to in the descriptions above are just a taste of what's available along the way.