Default first time solo road trip

this is my first time here. any way i am coming over to the U.S.A. from Australia to do a big road trip for 2mth's and i am planning on buying a bike over there to do this trip. i have a big family over there and plan on seeing them. also i am planning to travel around and go to places i have not been to and have been to along time ago. also looking to go to canada and i have always wanted to go to alaska. i will be arriving at LAX and will be looking for a bike. any tips or help and publication's that i can get to look for a bike would be great and also some tips and good roads and sights would be good. i have family in alot of states on both sides of the coast and in the middle. any help info would be great.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

Purchasing a vehicle when coming over here for a trip comes up very often on this site. Keep in mind that you will need to register, insure, and pay taxes on your purchase. In addition, you most likely will be trying to sell the vehicle at the end of the trip, which is difficult to say the least.

That said, if you are looking for a vehicle eBay can be of help as can the local auto trader-type publications and newspaper classifieds.