Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default san diego las vegas yosemite in april 2008

hello I am from Australia we are planning to go san diego then drive to las vegas and spend 2days there then drive up to yosemite which is the best way to go . We will have 2 children with us aged are 7 and 12 an we dont want it to be to boring for them will . We will be doing the trip from 12 april
    2008. thank you for any advice

Default Yosemite Valley

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Tioga Pass will still be closed at that time, so you will have two basic options. You will either have to go over to Bakersfield and then back north, or if you have a little more time, you could go up to Lake Tahoe, cross the Sierras there, and then go back down to Yosemite.

There are hundreds of threads on this area on the forum, so you can browse around or search to find more ideas.

thank you so much for the imformation we are thinking we will go the bakersfield but i am having a little trouble working out thenroute from san deigo to las vegas how long the drive will be

Default san diego to las vegas

hello can some one tell me what the quickest way to get from san diego to las vegas is and how long it will take us to drive the distance
    thank you

Default I-15 is the route

The quickest route is I-15 -- depending upon traffic considerations, it should take about 5.5 hours. Once you get on I-15, you don't have to make any other choices. However, if you are interested in some scenic detours along the way, here are some truly excellent ideas in this thread!

Mark

Default We Drove Vegas to San Diego

A few years ago and did it in about 5+ hours on 15. Wasn't that bad of a trip at all... Where are you staying in San Diego? We stayed at Humphreys By The Bay out on Shelter Island, that was great!!! The San Diego Zoo and Sea World were fun too!!!

we are not sure where we are staying yet we will be driving down from annheim. all the tour books for april are not out yet in australia yet.thank you for the reply.

Default Las Vegas to Yosemite

we will be driving from las vegas on the 20 april we have book 1 over night stay at bakerfield then driving to yosemite can to tell how long the drive would as i will have a 7 year old and 12 year old with would the drive be to long doing that way
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 01-26-2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: lost title in merge of threads

Default Good Choice

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

That should be a very easy 2 day drive. Each day would only be about 270 miles which is only about 5 hours a day actual on-the-road driving time. I think that the alternative, to try to do the entire drive in 1 day could easily prove to be too much, so I think you've got a good plan. With the time you now have on those two days, you can enjoy the Mojave National Preserve during the first day's drive and perhaps a side trip into Kings Canyon National Park on the second.

AZBuck

thank you so much i will check out the national parks