1. Default San Fran to Vegas and back

Hello,

This is a brilliant site and i've done lots of reading already.
    I'll coming to SF at the end of the month for a friend's wedding - but will have approx 7-10 days to do some travelling.
    I'm very keen to see Yosemite Park, Grand Canyon and Vegas - and maybe do some hiking/climbing if possible.

What routes would you suggest that could incoporate some outdoor activity with the above sites?

thanks for your help

Default Hundreds of ideas

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I'd suggest you start by reading the links in this thread. We've got more than a thousand posts dealing with travel between SF and LV, and those ideas are some of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by brownpotatos View Post
    Hello,

This is a brilliant site and i've done lots of reading already.
    I'll coming to SF at the end of the month for a friend's wedding - but will have approx 7-10 days to do some travelling.
    I'm very keen to see Yosemite Park, Grand Canyon and Vegas - and maybe do some hiking/climbing if possible.

What routes would you suggest that could incoporate some outdoor activity with the above sites?

thanks for your help
    hi there, yosemite is a fantastic place, but when planning your trip between yosemite and vegas/g.c bare in mind that hwy 120 [the tioga pass]that crosses the sierras from yosemite will still be closed due to snow.however there is plenty to see on the valley floor and the waterfalls should really be flowing by this time. this will mean either going north to get round the sierras or heading south towards fresno and bakersfield and around the bottom of the sierras,it's possible to divert this way on to the generals highway and see the giant sequoia,home of the general sherman tree,the largest living thing on the planet.
    death valley is a very popular destination between the two and has a fascinating landscape.between vegas and g/c you will cross the hoover dam and you can also "hop on" part of the original route 66 which has some intereresting old towns with diners and memorabilia along the way.
    from the south rim of g/c it's a lovely drive along desert view drive to the watch tower near the east entrance. whilst at the g/c make sure you witness a sunset and/or sunrise,it's spectacular.
    have a great trip!!