1. Default NY to Texas in 12 days - Need Help

My children(25 & 23yrs) and I are planning to do a roadtrip from New York to Texas for the first time in Mid May. We have 12 days to travel. Can anyone give us a good trip plan starting from NY. Showing us the best town to stop as we drive towards Texas. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default best?

Welcome to the RTA forum!

I'm not sure what the best towns would be, since every town and city has their own aspects that make them unique. We really need to know far more about what you are thinking here.

What is the purpose of this trip? Is this a one way trip? What sorts of things are you and your family interested in?

3. Default

It's a one way trip. We are from Singapore. This is a vacation I wanted to do with my children when they grow up and fortunately for me, the dream came through. We manage to find the time and money. This is it, our first.

We are going to take a 20+hrs flight to Philadelphia, spend 2 nights there(this will take care of the jet lag), following that, spend 2 nights at NYC. After the walk around in NYC, rent an SUV and drive all the way southwest as far as possible in 10 days, drop off the SUV at the airport in the last town and fly home from there(another 20+hrs flight).

We would like to visit as many cities as possible, see the culture, lifestyle or uniqueness of the cities, if there are more attractions there, we would like to stop for the night there.

Currently, our trip plans are:

11.Fort Worth
    12. and more if time permits

a.Not sure if this is the best route.
    b.Have not decide which city to stay for the night
    c.Still checking on the attractions in each city/state

Hope you folks who are seasoned roadtripper could give us valuable advice to make our trip a memorable one. Thanks