Default I'm New, and I'm Hitting the Road!

On April 28th, I will be leaving on a 2-3 month road trip across America. I'm starting in MA, heading down the east coast to LA, then over to CA, then back home across the northern states. I'm going ALONE, and I'm a little nervous - but I figure this is the time to go! (I am 23 and recently graduated with my Masters in Counseling Psychology and have NO debt and NO commitments). I could make excuses forever, but I want to see the country, and expand my knowledge of people and the world.

I would love to chat with people about this endeavor, especially those who know of any advice that could help me out. It's going to be expensive, and I realize that, but I have about $8,000 put aside for the trip, and I'm thinking that should carry me for three months without a problem. I'm so excited though, while at the same time very nervous because although I have traveled in the past, I have not lived away from my home for more than a month at a time.

However, this site has been incredibly helpful to me, so I thought I would join and at least post a thread here! :)

Kara

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

With that budget, I imagine you are looking for relatively cheap accommodations along your route. Splitting that up to 90 days gives you about $90/day total for fuel, lodging, food, etc.

Here is a recent thread about planning a two month trip that you may find helpful.

I think you've picked an excellent time to head out from New England, as most of the Eastern plant life will be "waking up" and you'll get to see that, and you'll hit the Western states before the hottest time of the year.

Default Thank you!

Thank you for the greeting, and the very helpful links!! I am reading all the information right now. I can tell there is a crazy amount of useful information on this site, and I only wish I had found it sooner!

Again, thank you so much.