1. Default Newark, NJ to Houston, TX

THis Friday I am planning to pick up my dream car in Newark, NJ and drive it all the way back to Houston, TX. I will start driving this Friday April 11th 2008 at noon and I plan to be in Houston late Sunday, about 1600 miles or so...
    With that, what will be the best route that will offer a good scenery as well? But keep in mind that I have to make it back by Sunday night...
    Anything else I should know or prepare during this trip?
    I do have a good Garmin GPS and I will have good maps as backup as well...
    What else do I need and what else can I visit during this trip? Short visits indeed.....

I appreciate all the help and guidance...

Cheers
    Ethan

Default Life on the Edge

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Your proposed trip is just on the edge of what I'd consider possible and reasonable: 1620 miles in 2½ days. You will have no time to visit anything but the rest rooms on the drive, so just set yourself to the task at hand and use the most time efficient route to get back to Houston. That is simply I-78 west to Harrisburg, I-81 south to Knoxville, I-75/I-24/I-59 southwest to Slidell, LA and I-10 into Houston. Fortunately for you, the most efficient route also happens to be fairly scenic.

AZBuck

3. Default

True that and Amen brother. I know I am pushing it :-) But the good news as you said I do have some scenic areas in my way, so I am excited about it. I do love mother nature....

Thanks indeed.
    Ethan

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Your proposed trip is just on the edge of what I'd consider possible and reasonable: 1620 miles in 2½ days. You will have no time to visit anything but the rest rooms on the drive, so just set yourself to the task at hand and use the most time efficient route to get back to Houston. That is simply I-78 west to Harrisburg, I-81 south to Knoxville, I-75/I-24/I-59 southwest to Slidell, LA and I-10 into Houston. Fortunately for you, the most efficient route also happens to be fairly scenic.

AZBuck