Thread: LA to Salem

1. Default LA to Salem

I'm looking for some advice on a 1.5 week route from LA to Salem. Should I stick to the coast and travel up Highway 1 or should I venture off the coast and check out Yosemite, Death Valley, etc.? Has anyone done both? If so, which did you like best?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Different Animals

Welcome to the RTA forum!

You are looking at two great options, and it will just depend what you are looking for.

However, with a week and a half, you might not have to totally pick between the two. For instance, you could check out DV and Yosemite, and then pick up the coastal route north of San Francisco. Or you could perhaps cut back south from Yosemite and still make your way through the big sur section of the coast.

I couldn't begin to pick a best, because they are both amazing, yet very different.

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default How many traveling days to you have?

I mean, do you have a certain number of days already allotted to places like LA, etc.? If you give us a better idea of how many days you have to explore and do this drive, we could give you a better idea of how you could fit both the coast and inland treasures into your trip.

4. Default

Judy, my schedule is really flexible. I'm beginning to do some research trying to figure out what I want to see, how many days to spend where, etc., but as of now, I don't have a set number of days to spend in each place.