This is my first time posting on here... My name is Michelle and both myself and my boyfriend are going to be visiting Southwest USA for the first time this summer and are planning a bit of a roadtrip (We are from Canada). I am looking for any advice/help/comments/concerns/suggestion/really anything anyone can offer on my proposed itinerary. Especially if there is anything cool/exciting to see along the way.
We are both in our mid-twenties, both athletic and up for anything!
We plan to do this August 15 - 30th, 2008.
Our plan is to:
1) Fly in to Las Vegas, stay there for a few days
2) Drive to the Grand Canyon, hike down, camp at the bottom for 2 days (have booked meals at Phantom Ranch but have not got my camping permit yet - have to wait until August), hike back up
3) Drive to San Diego, go to the zoo
4) Possibly drive into Mexico for a few days??
5) Drive to Los Angeles for a day or two - I really want to go onto the Price is Right... Seriously :-)
6) Drive back to Vegas to fly out
A few things we would like to do as well include:
1) Mountain Biking
2) Some sort of night life one or two nights
3) Camp at a National Park or really nice pretty camp ground
I have also heard good things about San Francisco? Alcatraz? Death Valley?
Thanks in advance for anything you throw my way!!