Thread: NY- Canada.

Default NY- Canada.

Hi, I am new here. My nam is Dave.

Ever since I was a kid, I loved being in the car and going far.
    IN the last 10 years, I went through many cars, most of them were well suited for long drives. My current one is 98 Lexus LS400. Its pleanty fastm, reliable, good on fuel, and is luxurious for me and maybe 2 more.

I have been t canada a few times and have taken this road before.
    But I was wondering if there aqre roads that I should be taking, that are not well known. ROads with good views, interesting stops and things to see.

Lake George region is awesome so I have no problems getting to Montreal, but I was wondering, if there is a better road to take from Montreal to Qubec, and from Qubec to say 150 miles North east, untill I turn East and go into Maine. From Maine I will travel south towards Boston, and then back to NYC.

Tucson, AZ

Default Lots of Options

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The nice thing about that particular part of the country is that almost every road, whether it's marked on the map as such or not, is almost guaranteed to be scenic. A few of my favorite north-south roads between NYC and Montréal would include the Taconic Parkway, NY-22 and VT-100. Between Montréal and Québec, I'd probably stay on the south shore of the St. Lawrence, using provincial route QC-132 which continues on northeast to Rivière-du-Loup and the turn southeast into Maine. As for things to do, have a look at these New England tips and these for Montréal and Québec.

haha, Rivière-du-Loup was exactly wheere I wanted to turn south towards Maine. Thanks for input.