1. Default advice: winter road trip out west...

hi all
    i am jumping in with a very ignorant question and, hopefully with a bit of guidance, I will then be back later on to ask advice on more specifics...

But, for now, we are brits who live on the east coast and have not had much chance to travel in the US. we're interested in heading out west - flying to somewhere, and then doing a little road trip, but the only time we will have is the X'mas/New Year period at the end of 2008 - maybe about 10 days.

Where should we go?!

we are thinking of Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Las Vegas. Could these be done together in a road trip? In December?

Alternatively, we could do San Francisco and surrounds... I know this is a bit vague, but any and all suggestions would be great. I can then do some more research and come back with any other q's that you helpful and knowledgable folks might be able to answer... Thanks!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Common

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Certainly the places you've listed could be worked into a roadtrip. These general areas are undoubtedly the single most discussed trip ideas on the forum. I think if you search and look around here a little while, you'll find lost of ideas to help narrow your focus. To help get you started, look at the threads linked here.