1. Default Deaf Pals Road trip from Seattle to......

Hi ALL!
    I'm new to the site, but already have gotten a wealth of info. I'm planning a 2 person road trip for me and my best buddy. We'll be leaving Seattle, plan to head south on hwy101 for the sites. We want to go to Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Grand Canyon and then to Yellowstone before heading home. We have alloted 2 weeks. Is it doable? Any suggestions????
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 03-15-2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Un-Bold Text

Default It's doable BUT....

...you'll have to move like heck! In other words, if you're looking for a quick whistle-stop tour with only short visits to each of the major sites, you could do it. But if you want to explore in a bit more depth and have time to relax, you're going to want to either find a way to go for longer or cut out some location.

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forums!

plan to head south on hwy101 for the sites. We want to go to Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Grand Canyon and then to Yellowstone

To make this work, plan:
    * 2 days to go down the coast until San Francisco
    * 1 day in San Francisco
    * 2 days to LA
    * 1 day split between Santa Monica and Venice Beach
    * 2 days to Grand Canyon
    * 1 day for Grand Canyon
    * 2 days to Yellowstone
    * 1 day for Yellowstone
    * 2 days back to Seattle

Be aware that you will be zonked when you get back if you do this trip at this pace. And that you will have to zip past dozens, actually hundreds, of amazing places that you won't have time to stop at. So the trip is doable but only you and your friend can determine if you will enjoy it.

I suggest that you just choose one of these major areas for this trip and, if you and your friend have a good time, plan for another couple trips in the future to hit the other places. For example, this year just do the coastal drive and the places in California, then zip back up I-5. Another time, go to the Grand Canyon so you'll have time to enjoy it and the other amazing parks in Utah. And then do Yellowstone on yet another trip.

Let us know what you decide and we should be able to give you further tips. But seriously consider whether that quick, speed-run type trip is really want you want to do first.