1. Default 2 week Summer RoadTrip

Hi everyone. I'm a 20 year old guy from Sacramento. I've really enjoyed everything I've read here so far and am excited to receive feedback on my first post.

So a friend and I have just discussed our plans of going on a "get-away-from-it-all-and-find-ourselves" type of road trip this summer. We will have about two weeks, and we just want to go. Nowhere specific, really. I mean, there's things I want to see, but to me it's not really about the destinations and landmarks. It's all about the trip and the experience being someplace new and just going where we feel is right at the time.

That being said, how far is reasonable for a 2 week trip? The one thing I have to accomplish on this trip is reaching the Atlantic Ocean. Also, I'd rather go through the "heartland" and northern areas than the south. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the Atlantic Ocean doable in 2 weeks?

I'm so excited for my cross-country trip. I've got a deep list of gear that I'll need and a rough idea about the funds we'll need. Any added tips about my specific trip would be greatly appreciated.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default attitudes options

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You can figure it will take roughly 5 days to travel cross country, at a steady pace. That means the Atlantic is within your reach, but it would probably be tough to do on a laid-back, take things as they go approach.

Since this is more about the trip than the destination, you really could take a "destination-less" trip. Simply start driving East for a week, and see where you end up. When you get to the end of week one, start turning back around and find another route to get back home. Maybe you'll make it to the Atlantic, maybe you'll make it to the Great Lakes, maybe you'll only make it to the Rockies!